corded bathroom light pulls?

E

EddieM

So, (just to annoy BAS) I replaced the snapped pull cord in our bathroom this weekend. I was wondering what the purpose of the toggle was these days, when the cord is nylon?

Sponsored Links
So I don't understand so could you explain why toggles so need not be used with nylon cords so I may give you an answer so you will know .

Sponsored Links
what the purpose of the toggle was these days,
Cord between switch and toggle is stronger than the cord from toggle to hand. Hence when the children to a Tarzan swing the cord below the toggle breaks, thus no need to replace the whole switch.

Ah, yes it's so you can replace it easily, not only if broken but it gets grubby after a while.

I suppose you could even take it off to wash it.

Ah, yes it's so you can replace it easily, not only if broken but it gets grubby after a while.

I suppose you could even take it off to wash it.

Easily?! apart from when you cut the knot off it frays into an "afro" that is anything but easy! I guess the alternative is more work though. I thought originally it might have been due to electrical isolation of potentially conductive string... Maybe not.

No, that's the point of the cord - not conductive.

You can of course take the switch apart and install a new cord doing away with the unsightly 'toggle' - or if the top bit breaks - but that is not as (not 'not so') easily done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back