corded bathroom light pulls?

I remember the old MK ones had a 'toggle' that could be unscrewed, which was useful if a bed was removed from the room, or if decorating was to be done.

Sponsored Links
I have always been under the impression the little white insulator is there to prevent electric shock.
Now the immediate reaction from most people is the 'string' is a good insulator, well it is until it's soaking wet from a heavily steamed up bathroom.
Ask Ben Franklin.

As we are always pointing out, contrary to the public's beliefs, wall switches are allowed in bathrooms.

Yet some are postulating that a metre of cord would pose a danger were it not for an insulating section - even though some of them, it has been stated, are made of brass.
Is there anything in these isolators to prevent the two ends of cord touching?

Please note, of course, that the cord is not actually connected to a live conductor.

As we are always pointing out, contrary to the public's beliefs, wall switches are allowed in bathrooms.

Yet some are postulating that a metre of cord would pose a danger were it not for an insulating section - even though some of them, it has been stated, are made of brass.
Is there anything in these isolators to prevent the two ends of cord touching?

Please note, of course, that the cord is not actually connected to a live conductor.
yes the insulator has 2 distinct cavities and the divider in the originals were even sloped so moisture could not collect.
I can't say I've ever noticed them in brass but do remember switches having an internal brass fitting which could be unscrewed to replace the cord, and which could unscrew with use:(

Sponsored Links
Give a man a hammer and he'll spend days postulating why one end is made of metal and the other of wood :sleep:

I thought the plastic toggle was a safety feature, to prevent children accidentally hanging them selves, it makes a weak point in the nylon cord

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back