cordless drill

jkp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking to get a cordless drill.. what makes a good drill .. volts or torque ..is the ryobi system any good? :?:

Sponsored Links
makita and bosch blue are good value; hilti if you can afford it.

Sponsored Links
If you are looking for Torque then Makita is your brand. I have not seen any other drill punch out more than 80Nm of torque (8444), I think the Bosch GSB 18VE comes close. Ryobi are pretty gutless when it comes to torque figures however an excellent bit of kit for DIY.

I have read a lot of reviews on cordless drills for this site. From everything I've read Panasonic makes the best drill. Makita comes in a close second.

What makes a drill good? First off there's high quality parts and machining. That's more important than anything else and why Panasonic comes out on top. When it comes to power, torque is what you're looking at, but don't trust what the manufacturers post because that's not the drill will put out most of the time. The AH (or amp-hours) should give you an idea of how long the batter will run. Keep in mind that a 24v amp-hour is twice as much juice as a 12v amp-hour. But they should last about the same time since a 24v drill will provide more power.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: jkp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back