Corrosion inhibitor coming out of hot water taps?

Sponsored Links
Might be a sealed heating system.

Can you take a pic of airing cupboard with Hot water tank?

Draining down cold water tank, bail out remaining water in tank and drain hotwater cylinder / flushing is the way to go to remove inhibitor.

Dan.

Sponsored Links
He did explain that to me, cant remember the exact terminology but it was something like a fast response hot water vessel, contains 4 or 5 litres so theres instant hot water or something?!

theres a bleed nipple on top of it, not sure if this helps in any way.

so going on what people have said so far, he's put it in the only tank he could've done, but there shouldn't be any in the system?

thanks very much for all your help so far btw.

great. so if i turn off the hot water at the programmer and leave the hot taps running will this empty the tank in the loft?

and its cold water storage just for the heating system right? still safe to use the cold water taps as this is off the mains and isnt discoloured?

sorry to ask so many dumb questions but im used to cars not domestic heating..... :eek:

ok.

so i need to drain my cold water tank and flush the system then.

so how do you stop the internals of the system rotting out if you cant put any sort of inhibitor in the system?

If you add it via a radiator or anywhere else it will still get in the domestic water as you have a hydro spartan unit,this makes it similar to having a primatic cylinder.
Ah, apologies for my duff info re the radiator fill - I've not seen that type of setup before.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back