Corsa Signal Relay Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having some trouble with my Corsa 05. The signal lights and the hazards are sometimes working perfectly, at other times, they don't work at all.

Sometimes it's the left side(all three) that doesn't flash, sometimes the right side, sending the clickety-click all over the place.

Would this be a signal relay fuse problem? Or something more sinister?

Sponsored Links
If you play with the hazard switch and find that the indicators work sometimes after using the hazards and sometimes not. Its more likely to be a dodgy hazard switch.
Its quite a complicated switch with many internal contacts

If you get the indicators working, don't touch the hazard switch again, the indicator may well work properly, until you want to replace the hazard switch.

Thanks

It was the signal relay fuse. I have replaced it and its good.

downside is passenger footwell is damp from rain water. Somehow the damn thing is now letting in water.

I have tightened up the screws on the cover as tight as possible cos they were loose, so will have to see if that sorts it. Otherwise i was warned that sometimes you have to seal the damn cover. That seems very tricky.

passenger footwell is damp from rain water. Somehow the damn thing is now letting in water.

I have tightened up the screws on the cover as tight as possible cos they were loose, so will have to see if that sorts it. Otherwise i was warned that sometimes you have to seal the damn cover. That seems very tricky.
If it's definitely passenger side it's likely to be relay box; not sure what plate you've been tightening?

Plate is only driver's side, you'll notice that more on the back seats particularly.

Sponsored Links
By cover i meant the cover for the fuses box next to the battery.

I was working in near darkness so just replaced the cover over the fuses box and just tightened the screws to what i thought was secure but this morning after looking in the light, they needed to be a light tighter.

Back