Covid rules ignored

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I often use buses locally. If I happen to need to catch one just after kicking out time from the local high school, there will be large groups of 11 to 18 year olds milling around waiting for various bus's in the local high street. When their (public service) bus arrives, on they get, maybe 10 or 20 of them, but probably only 1 or 2 wearing the obligatory mask, the bus full of the general public all doing their bit and wearing masks.

So I have emailed the head of school about the conduct and the heads reply is that '...they have each been issued with 3x masks and they ensure they wear them in school. Once outside the school gates, it is not their problem'. Next I contacted the bus company, who likewise suggest there is little they can do about it, they cannot just leave them at the bus stop and it would not be fair to expect a driver to argue with a gang of 18 year old lads.

Next I contacted the police on 101, last week, to report my concerns, which I have just followed up today to see what they have actually done. They have emailed the bus company and failed to get any response at all. The bus companies are simply not taking this seriously, as I suspected.

I have now suggested the police get a PC or a PCSO at the bus stop at the appropriate time, to impose the regulations.

Sponsored Links
Heads always say its not their problem when outside school. Years ago my son was being bullied after school, head didn't want to know. Fast forward 6 months after taking judo lessons bully got his come uppance from said son. Head called me into his school to try to lecture me. Needless to say he got short shrift from me and a reminder of the conversation we had 6 months previously.

Sponsored Links
[Updtate] After my second concerned call to 101, they sent a PCSO to the bus stop to watch / maybe get involved. I had made clear twice when these pupils get on the buses. The PCSO texted me to suggested he had attended, but there were no pupils about from the school - of course, what did they expect, attending 45 minutes after they would all be on their respective buses. I texted back to make sure the PCSO was aware of the time the kids exit school and catch buses.

Good luck with it. I travel to work by train and even after 60k deaths there are still the odd idiots who are in denial - but getting BTP (British Transport Police) to do anything seems impossible. Against that the Travel Safe officers employed by the rail company do ask people why they aren't wearing a mask and travel regularly. A few weeks ago we had one conductor who told a persistent offender to get off at the next stop or put a mask on. He eventually put the mask on. Just how difficult is that to do? Speaking as someone who regularly wears a restrictive FFP3 mask for 2 to 4 hours a day (sometimes longer) at work all I can say is that a thin cloth mask is a minimal impediment in comparison (and no, I don't have zits and I haven't given myself any infections, either - all just social media BS)

Good luck with it. I travel to work by train and even after 60k deaths there are still the odd idiots who are in denial - but getting BTP (British Transport Police) to do anything seems impossible.

They way I understand it, if we all took proper precautions, there would be little to no spread. They make rules to help ensure this and it is the ones ignoring the rules allowing it to spread.

I called into my local petrol station today....a lad came in wearing no mask

Last week an older chap came in behind, no mask

What's wrong with people....

I hate wearing a mask, but we all have to do it, it's a collective effort.

I called into my local petrol station today....a lad came in wearing no mask

Last week an older chap came in behind, no mask

What's wrong with people....

People do forget, I walked into a shop last week and I had walked part way round before I realised. There can be no excuse for an entire group to forget and repeatedly forget.

People do forget, I walked into a shop last week and I had walked part way round before I realised. There can be no excuse for an entire group to forget and repeatedly forget.

I've got half a dozen on the van dashboard but at least once, maybe twice a week I'll forget, then have to walk back to the van.

The police should be going after proper crimes.

I recall the days when if a member of the public contacted the head about a group of pupils doing something they shouldn't, the whole school was called into assembly that day and no one left until the culprit(s) were known and then they left with sore palms and got ridiculed for weeks by other pupils. And it was rare that kids would do it because they knew what would happen.

But since June this year I've learnt that it's just not worth bothering about, or even worth a disapproving look. No-one cares, no one is bothered, so fuk'em ignore it and just look after yourself. Now, unless its directly affecting me, I wont bother - and even then I do a quick assessment about what the outcome will be and whether its worth any of my time.

Above all, this year has demonstrated what complete aresoles people are.

I recall the days when if a member of the public contacted the head about a group of pupils doing something they shouldn't, the whole school was called into assembly that day and no one left until the culprit(s) were known and then they left with sore palms and got ridiculed for weeks by other pupils. And it was rare that kids would do it because they knew what would happen.

Yep, that is how it was, apart from the ridiculed part.

But since June this year I've learnt that it's just not worth bothering about, or even worth a disapproving look. No-one cares, no one is bothered, so fuk'em ignore it and just look after yourself. Now, unless its directly affecting me, I wont bother - and even then I do a quick assessment about what the outcome will be and whether its worth any of my time.

That is not an attitude I support, where would we be if everyone had that attitude?

Above all, this year has demonstrated what complete aresoles people are.

What aresoles SOME people are. Locally, at least around here, it has pulled people together to help each other. Within days, a group was formed kept in contact by text message and coloured cards in a window if help were needed. At the start of this there were people finding themselves short of some foods and people up and down the street helping out from their own stock at home. One was stuck for, of all things, wall paper paste and I was able to help out. I ran low on a certain dog food and was given some by a neighbour who's own dog had died. Neighbours were shopping for their less able or isolating neighbours, until the supermarkets got their own delivery systems up to speed.

Surely the head teacher could remind them all to wear masks in the school assembly rather than shrug shoulders and ignore the problem. Some schools are trying really hard to deal with Covid. My youngest has been sent home to isolate for 14 days because one of his class mates has tested positive. By all accounts he’s had no contact with the infected child, so it’s a bit over the top particularly as the teachers affected aren’t isolating. We will give it a few days and get him a test. But the school won’t let him back this side of Xmas.

kids don’t transmit the virus at the rate adults do. Nobody knows why

A bit rich people complaining about selfishness and self centred people - this is what individualism is about and has been encouraged.

Thatcher "there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families."

Sponsored Links
Back