Credit crunch- how you doing ?

Yeah, can't sit around doing a**e all, plus it is imperative to keep the work ethic up, regardless of what it is. Self worth, self esteem etc, I refuse to claim (my rightful) benefits, though gods know why?

Big mistake you paid in and if you can collect you should rather then letting a professional leach get it

By the way being the owner I have to pay in BUT by law I can never collect unemployment benefits so I watch how others sit on their @##$ as I pay in for them to have the good life :)

Sponsored Links
Yesterday I was talking to a friend who works in the City.

The way he explained the situation is like this.

If you have a good party then you will end up with a hangover. What the Government are doing at the moment is staving off the hangover by giving out more booze.

He reckons there is a lot of surplus in financial sector, which needs to go, probably the same in a lot of different sectors. The sooner this gets sorted the sooner things can start picking up, this is from a guy who thinks his job has a 75% chance of being gone within a year.

His prediction is a rally in share prices as the big players pick up some bargain price shares, but then a proper crash as these people unload them to grab their share of the silver. Due to our intrest rates the pound won't be such a good investment and the currency dealers will be putting their money into other currencies. Not being a manufacturing economy we will end up importing inflation.

The way I see it there are three stages we will go through. Denial, deliberation and action. At the moment it's denial. So many seem to think it might get bad but not as bad as they say. So they will quite happily plod on and wait to see what happens. By the time we need to take action it's probably going to be a lot more painful.

My usual work is extensions, loft conversions etc. but that is definately tightening up. I'm not seeing this big increase in extending rather than moving, so I'm starting my action now. I've started looking at the small jobs, a couple of days work, at prices that basically cover the wages. This is giving me a different type of client base, and being known for good prices. If it goes t1ts up the I'll need might need a lot more of this type of work, if it doesn't and I keep getting plenty of big jobs, then I've just done some work without profit just wages.

business for me has dropped.... but like others im not dropping my rate just to get work

many strings is all i have to say

Sponsored Links
Phones gone dead!! just four weeks work left.. Am used to having slack perods (looked forward to em :D ) But they must be saving up to pay utility bills instead of thinking of decorating... wonder why :confused: lol

In this climate wonder if a new section on claiming dole (is that what its still called ) benefits etc could be started by diynot.?
I've just been trawling through gov.uk benefits can't find the bit on self employed dole :LOL:

had 3 days work in the last 3-4 weeks, priced up 6 extensions at very reasonable prices just to get them, all said they were looking to have them done after xmas!!, keep getting the odd 1 day job here and there but that don't pay the bills, dropped our prices from £150 a day to £100-120, too many poles and liffs doing work for £60 a day, can't really compete with them, getting abit worried to be honest, just need 1 extension to come up before xmas

Gonna be off line as from next month, can't afford the connection :( So unless anything happens soon, goodbye notter's.

you can use the PC in the public library.

good place to keep warm and read the papers :(

Sponsored Links
Back