What to do with bad customer ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a unique product, we have 5 area agents (and as the product is new to the UK, WE are the only experts in the country) We undertook a job for one of the areas as it was too big for them.
The nut we worked for said he was over the moon with the result and was glad he used us as the previous 2 rendering companies made a hash of the walls. He paid in full at the end of he job. We worked right through the january weather and due to scaffolding being in the way, had to go back to do some snagging. Problem is that the guy didn't want to drop the scaffold (which had been up 3 years) as he is fiddling the council tax. (apparently he does not pay C-tx whilst the house is being renovated, despite living in it). Not one roof is complete, and a ladder for stairs??
After agreeing that we would be asked to do work on a further porch extension, and any issues from the scaffolding that may mark the lime coating we added to the exterior could be done then, he is now complaining that the work is substandard. He has had some local builder in ,(his 4th or 5th in three years), to look at our work, and the builder has never seen our product before ,but has slated it??? what to do???? The house was in a total mess when we arrived with botched pebbledash and cr*p roofline plastics, worst windows and very poor roof..... should I tell him to foo cough???? :?:

Sponsored Links
I would, and i would also ask under what level of Qualification the builder can slate your unique product in, and if he requires to take his complaint any further to submit a full report and survey stating the qualifications and training that this other company has recieved on the product. and the full basis of his report. failing that if hes paid, you could settle with F**k off :LOL:

do you ever get the feeling with the way he is fiddling his council tax that he may be the type to try it on?

Sponsored Links
Tell him to pay up or you will dob him in to the council :LOL:

You know it.

I've no sympathy for the taxman, but it's you.v.him and use any means at your disposal and this is a good one- the taxmans a b'stad who can be relied upon to go get his money.

I'm thinking a letter to this client recollecting any conversations about the unnecessary scaffolding and the tax-avoidance reasons behind it, your work being compromised as a direct result, and how perhaps he wouldn't want all this to come out in court? :evil:

I'm thinking a letter to this client recollecting any conversations about the unnecessary scaffolding and the tax-avoidance reasons behind it, your work being compromised as a direct result, and how perhaps he wouldn't want all this to come out in court? :evil:

I would change the bold text to something like "however, this would be better decided by the courts, I will be contacting my solicitor".

The first is slightly like blackmail, the second is just a statement of intent.

He sounds like a con merchant and you're his latest victim. Pour quicksetting cement down his drains and spray expanding foam in his car exhaust as a taster of whats to come unless he pays out!

Let him know that you mean business.

Tell the council. Maybe it will teach the t*t who usually gets away with this crap, that he should be careful who he is trying to screw!!

You said: He paid in full at the end of he job. If he owes you any, get an application form from the small claims court (free), fill it in, photostat it and send the copy to him with a letter asking for the outstanding or you`ll start the court system.
Put it down to experience, There are definitely more cowboy customers than builders!

My advice - if you write to threaten him with court action, You MUST be prepared to actually do it we give the customer SEVEN days to settle or "action to recover the debt will commence without further notice"
THIS IS A FINAL NOTICE.

after Seven days if unpaid we hand it to London house Services (EA) Ltd
who have a 100% Collection record for us! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back