what would you do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys doing a job for a builder,who seems to be ignoring what is required for the job.Its a flat roof which should be using a certain insulation board and certain ply,he has put in inferior products,my concern is customer coming back to me and blaming me for future problems.

Sponsored Links
serco is right, any comeback will damage your reputation, use the correct materials, even if this eats into what you would be paid for doing the job.

Wotan

Sounds like you have no contract between you and anyone - just the builder asking you to come and do it. If you HAD a written contract of what is required you'd have no problems. Next time....

Sponsored Links
i gave a price for doing the whole job but he decided he would do the build up himself warmroof.i only then quoted for the overlay for the job and he accepted that.so i am only doing one part but i know there may be problems later if the boards delaminate and as its a balconey as well.on my quote it states what i am doing.But bad installation (using inferior parts)could effect it later

If the builder is the customer and paying you, the onus falls on him.

If its his job and hes cutting corners, he cant have much respect for his work, just make it known to him, plus you dont give gaurantees using inferior products, any come back falls on him.

Its the builder whos gonna get the comeback, i would have emailed him your concerns, then atleast his reply, you could have for your records and then atleast you have proof that its him cutting corners not you.

Sponsored Links
Back