Creosote alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large fence which creosote every 2 years.
i'm getting older and need something that lasts longer.

could I spray the fence with something like aquaseal or would the old creoste hinder its penetration?

Sponsored Links
Creosote is banned, there are plenty of fence treatments which last years.

Sponsored Links
ok ok creoCote lol.
I've used it for years and does a much much better job than what i think is rubbish like cuprinol.

ILve seen workmen spraying some sort of wood treatment onto other outdoor wood fixings and got me thinking

If you're not bothered about the colour mix the substitute with used engine oil, the finish is almost black but watch the water run off. Don't let it get on anything green whilst painting or it will kill it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As above, use some old Sump oil diluted, it will tone down in time, its just a fence

Brush it on - dont spray it.

When you spray you also spray the neighbours patio set, and anything else in their garden.
Damn sprayers go all over the place and are the cause of many neighbourly complaints.

If you really must spray then remove the panels and do them separately in the middle of your land.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back