Criminal damage front door.

Yep, another thread that's been 'Ellalled'. Quite surprised he bothered actually, as it's not about Brexit. Well, not yet anyway.....

Sponsored Links
I wrote to the copper who's in charge of the licenses - he has the power to pull it or make changes.
However the response I received is that the pub is NOT responsible for the behaviour of the patrons once they leave. So the moment they leave the front door of the pub, they are scot free. It's a wonderful system hey.

As usual clueless plod trying fob you off.. As per the links in my post and JohnDs you can correct him. However, the objective of the 'threat' of asking the license to be reviewed is to ensure names are offered to the police regarding the offenders. It isn't going to help you deter p*** heads in the short term but the threat, might get some cooperation. Getting them banned should also keep them away.

Pubs do have a duty to their neighbours. The pub landlord needs you on his side and he needs to help you by identifying the idiots who think this is acceptable.

Maybe install your own cctv on the front door covering your property. This should help you identify future idiots.

I'm not shocked at their behaviour - it's getting like that more everywhere - but for a front door to be kicked in, that must have been a weak door.
I am not sure what my door is, softwood covered in plastic maybe? Was very easy to drill a spy hole. I am tempted to get something tougher myself.

As usual clueless plod trying fob you off.. As per the links in my post and JohnDs you can correct him. However, the objective of the 'threat' of asking the license to be reviewed is to ensure names are offered to the police regarding the offenders. It isn't going to help you deter p*** heads in the short term but the threat, might get some cooperation. Getting them banned should also keep them away.

Pubs do have a duty to their neighbours. The pub landlord needs you on his side and he needs to help you by identifying the idiots who think this is acceptable.

Maybe install your own cctv on the front door covering your property. This should help you identify future idiots.
I've just been emailing the copper in charge of licensing. He has told me that because there are a few licensed premises around (A short walk is a curry house and a coop), that the people in question could've been drinking on the street and he couldn't link it to the pub.
I just pointed out that nobody has gone in to the pub and checked the CCTV to see if there is footage of the lads leaving, nor have the talked to myself or my next door neighbour who is pretty certain they came from the pub - and it's no shock that he's not linked it! As I said, talking to ****s.

Not sure can easily have CCTV - looked into it before. Our door opens onto the pavement, so is subject to DPA. Funnily enough, the copper has just misread my email, presumed my neighbour has CCTV and told me that they were not allowed to record past their boundary, nor is any evidence suitable for court. Hmmmm. Not sure about that....

Sponsored Links
I'm not shocked at their behaviour - it's getting like that more everywhere - but for a front door to be kicked in, that must have been a weak door.
I am not sure what my door is, softwood covered in plastic maybe? Was very easy to drill a spy hole. I am tempted to get something tougher myself.
It was a fairly weak door - the whole porch needs ripping down and that was our next job - we've gutted and renovated this whole house. However, that's no excuse for criminal behaviour and yeah, I am sure with enough force, most doors can be kicked in. Fingers crossed he broke a toe.

well, I used to drink a lot and do some silly things, but ever ****ed on anybody's door, or house, or anything else. Strictly bushes and trees.
Maybe a wooden door calls out to some primeval instinct to **** on a tree? Although, that does not explain why they would then kick it.

I've been Googling best front doors, still none the wiser.
edit ... although these look pretty good
https://www.lathamssteeldoors.co.uk/security-front-doors/

Why do blokes always have to píss up against something?

Why don't they do it down a drain - like the girls do?

get yourself on a load of internet forums,start ranting and raving about Alans snack bar,start calling everybody racists,islamaphobes,infidels etc,and stick an ISIS flag on the front of your house,you should then get a good nights sleep as M15/special branch/armed police should be watching your house 24/7 .

on a more practical note,I was working in a house a while ago and the lady had been broke in to,she told me the scumbags had used a blow lamp to melt around the lock on her plastic door,also the fire service have been warning they have been struggling to get in to houses with steel doors in the event of a fire.

yeah, it's a gamble isn't it? Like, do you lock your car doors when driving at night? If you do and crash, nobody can get to you until the fire brigade arrive. What is safer?

I'd take the risk and get some good smoke and heat detectors to go with the solid door.

Some stats:

438,971 burglaries per year - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingdecember2017
FRSs attended 564,827 incidents in 2017/18 - https://assets.publishing.service.g...e-and-rescue-incident-march-2018-hosb1618.pdf

Hmmmm..... I guess.... maybe many of the times the fire brigade were called it was minor incidents that were not life threatening.

on a more practical note,I was working in a house a while ago and the lady had been broke in to,she told me the scumbags had used a blow lamp to melt around the lock on her plastic door,also the fire service have been warning they have been struggling to get in to houses with steel doors in the event of a fire.
Good grief, that's crazy with the blow lamp.

Sad reflection on society sorry you've had this hassle, they even came back to teach you a lesson ...scroats.

You can't reason with dumb drunk idiots. I reckon you're lucky they didn't decide to smash your windows.....don't antagonise drunks in the future it's probably the best to have a blackout blind fitted and hose things down in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Back