Customers being ripped off - Power flushing.

Proper = clean.
It does not matter how you do it.
It does not matter how fast or slow.
It does not mater which tools you use.

The only thing that matters is:
ALL debris/gunk removed to such a degree that even excessive flow from the circulator in any part of the system does not move any solids.
It is virtually impossible to get 100% clean rads and pipes.

Sponsored Links
Petite.
Trouble is if customer is lied to that its only BG that does it or they must have them then the price does become a rip off.

The words power/jet should not be allowed to be used as its neither and make it sound something special

The original machines we used used to work at 3 or 4 bar and that did shift a lot of sh#te

True.
It's worth pointing out that BG Tried to take ownership of the term PowerFlush, but had it wrested away from them, by the fellow who runs Gas-News.
They now say on their site that it's a Trade Mark, which is also wrong.

At one time thay were using "PowerCleanse", which was undefined, but something less.

Powercleanse is misleading, its not much more than a hot and cold drain with chemicals and refill. Usually done on installation rather than by service.

Sponsored Links
As I've stated before, I have no problem with BG engineers (most of them at least) but the company as an organisation is far from ethical.
The staff get abused, subbies exploited, and they have been caught out on lies in their public advertising many times over. Imagine what the sales sharks tell people when there are no witnesses. :eek:

you reckon we should do all that for £200 ??!!.

You'd probably expect the VAT in as well! You must be VERY old.

haha £200 including materials. Can i sub work out to you? cos you do actually sound like you know what your doing :D
After costs you'll be lucky to get £140 for a days work? I can get that paye, i'd shut by business down if it came to that.
SO how many of these can you do for me in a week? :D :D

BG will guarantee their flush for life too. no one else does to my knowledge.

also the BG price is blanket. if you need pipework unblocked or re-piped to eliminate the original fault, that is actually included in the price.

£36.5k a year to flush rads? And you think thats such bad money you would laugh at it? That assumes you have no other work and each flush takes a full working day.

Must admit I have never been convinced about all this power flushing , except in the worst case scenarios , I doubt wether the customer will even notice the difference ?? boiler manus will always use it as an excuse for pretty much anything that go's wrong with there boilers .

I have installed boilers on some filthy systems , that you would not power flush in a month of sundays never had a problem , only ever changed 2 plate exc due to carp in the system & that was after 2 to 3 years !

...I doubt wether the customer will even notice the difference ?...
The customer probably won't notice the difference, but I do.
By far the number one reason for my work in breakdowns/replacements is corrosion. I never actually kept a log, but I would not be surprised if it accounts for more than all the rest together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back