Cycling in this weather

• Thread starter cantaloup63
  • Start date
But to the point, cyclists are not above the law and the pavement is not a cycle path.
The sooner they are prosecuted for this the better.
Where cycle paths do exist either on roadways or on pavements, it follows that cars that park across them or pedestrians that cause cyclists to stop shoul also be prosecuted.

I must admit that along roads where there are no shops or buildings, I occasionally use the pavement so as to not be an obstacle for cars. Hang me high, from the tallest yard arm in the fleet :cry:

Grammar school with green blazer somewhere west in the Capital eh? Got me thinking on this one ;)

Sponsored Links
I dont have an issue giving bikes ample space when am overtaking, but quite often you get people in gimp cars like nissan micra which are only 2 foot wide and yet they have a gap that ya could fit a hummer through!!

I know woman lack spacial awareness but thats takin this pis

:rolleyes: not all women are rubbish drivers!!...granted, many are...but there are loads of men who are too

Bearing in mind as a teenager i raced bikes, i am scared $hi7less to take a bike on the road now due to the standard of the driving capabilities of a lot of drivers and also pedestrian refuge islands in the middle of the road, that white van man fails to see till the very last moment, swerves, to avoid damaging his Transit and rights off another cyclist. :( :(
Tend to agree. But what really bugs me is the number of road cyclists who don't realise how relatively invisible they are and fail to wear high viz gear, and don't have lights. Personally I'd happily have a law that would enable the police to pull over any cyclist with inappropriate gear and take the bike off them until they turn up at the police station with it.

totally agree cantaloup, I sometimes wonder ifcyclists and joggers have a death wish, wearing black and barely visible theymust be crazy.

Sponsored Links
Bearing in mind as a teenager i raced bikes, i am scared $hi7less to take a bike on the road now due to the standard of the driving capabilities of a lot of drivers and also pedestrian refuge islands in the middle of the road, that white van man fails to see till the very last moment, swerves, to avoid damaging his Transit and rights off another cyclist. :( :(
Tend to agree. But what really bugs me is the number of road cyclists who don't realise how relatively invisible they are and fail to wear high viz gear, and don't have lights. Personally I'd happily have a law that would enable the police to pull over any cyclist with inappropriate gear and take the bike off them until they turn up at the police station with it.

totally agree cantaloup, I sometimes wonder ifcyclists and joggers have a death wish, wearing black and barely visible theymust be crazy.

Seeing increasing numbers of pedestrians like this lately as well!
Dark clothing with hoods up and just stepping into the road without looking. This, I think, is more dangerous these days partly because modern cars are usually a lot quieter than older models so heaven knows how some blind people manage to cross over when there is no pelican crossing.
What happened to those old adverts about wearing/carrying something light so you could be seen?

Seeing increasing numbers of pedestrians like this lately as well!
are you? :eek: honestly? because i'm not !!!

Dark clothing with hoods up and just stepping into the road without looking. This, I think, is more dangerous these days partly because modern cars are usually a lot quieter than older models
are they? not much quieter really? and most people don't have modern cars... buses, motorbikes, lorries etc !! and there's far more traffic on the road !!

What happened to those old adverts about wearing/carrying something light so you could be seen?
they didn't work then and work work today....!!

Well if they didn't work how come I still heed the advice and wear/carry something light when I go out at night?

Well if they didn't work how come I still heed the advice and wear/carry something light when I go out at night?

Conny..... becasue you're Conny.. !!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful Con.... but it's just common sense..!!!

If wearing or carrying something light save a single life, then it was worth it

Immi, if its common sense then a lot of people haven't got any!

Sponsored Links
Back