Dab showing through paintwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've bought a new build around 6 months ago with a detached garage & I'm planning to do a bit of a bar in it so got my mate whos a plasterer to come plaster it, he dot and dabbed onto the breeze block, i left it 2 weeks then painted it, no issues, that was about 4 months ago.

I've just gone into my garage the other day for the first time in a while and theres patches all over the wall, presumably the dab showing through the paint. We've had alot bad weather in the build up to me going in the garage, -2 and alot of rain/bit of snow. I went in there again last night and the patches are basically gone, but obviously worried they're just going to keep coming and going.

I've attached a pic, the wall to the left had no patches on it even though that was plastered at the same time.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Paint.jpeg
    Paint.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
Dabs can lead to cold spots "thermal bridging" and sometimes damp transfer this is what you are seeing if they have gone away maybe its cold spots and they may return when it gets cold

Last edited:
the fact that they are presenting moisture means they will eventually fail and debond from the block or board.

Sponsored Links
Dot and dab is rubbish, these firms only do this because it is the CHEAPEST OPTION TO FINISH THE WALLS..
Think it’s pretty good myself. providing it’s used in it’s right place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back