Dado Rail-Best Fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All-Taking the existing dado off in the main bathroom and has been nailed on and then back filled. My intention is to use a new dado-ash-and have cut the pieces and they fit real nice and are flush to the wall. Question is whether to use adhesive or nail and back fill. The dado is finished so can't afford to stain and cover any fixings-well, might have too lol-any suggestions greatly accepted.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I use Gripfill pink to stick in place and tack underneath it to stop it slipping until dry. then pull tacks out and caulk up as normal. No fixing holes showing.

Robbie uk-Many thanks for the product advice and the method-really appreciated. On with the job then-lol
Thanks

The dado rail in my last house was only stuck on with no nails.
In fact almost everything in the house had been affixed with no nails including some sockets!

gripped like the proverbial.

BTW - it was not me - but the previous owner

Sponsored Links
I refuse to have anything PINK in my tool bag - except my lucky barbie doll:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back