Danfoss valve 'o'ring replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, has anyone any experience of replacing 'o'rings in Danfoss HPV series zone valves to cure slight leaks? What type of material is best? Should they be lubricated? Is it actually worth doing or should I just buy new valves? Thanks in advance for any help received, cheers, Mike

Sponsored Links
I'm biased as I don't do repairs such as this. I would always replace then be able to offer the customer a full warranty on the new product.

Seems a lot of fiddling about for what they cost new.

Hi, this is just for my own CH system. It just makes sense to me to replace the parts that have worn, i.e. the 'o'rings, for a few pence. It also saves removing the valve body from the pipework. Cheers, Mike

Buy another valve body remove the 4 screws and replace the whole innards. Its a bit fiddly holding the shoes and springs together though.

Better still replace these leaky valves with a Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the reply, would Honeywell valve bodies be compatible with the Danfoss actuators and be the same length as the Danfoss valves? Cheers, Mike

It doesn't matter if the lenght/fittings are compatible since you will almost certainly have to cut the valve body out as it's unlikely you can spring apart the pipework. Remember to pick up some slip couplings for soldering in the new pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back