Dead boiler Vailant Ecotec Pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler dead this morning.

240v going in ok. Checked pcb fuse and ok.

not getting continuity across the pcb fuse holder though.

is this a duff pcb or something else?

UPDATE. Managed to get boiler back on but it cut out again after a couple of minutes. This time the pcb fuse has blown. Replaced fuse and this time it cut out. Fuse is fine though.

i unplugged the pump plug from the pcb and powered back up. Boiler power is staying on now. Is this poss a duff pump?

I have checked pump impeller moves freely which it does

got boiler to stabilise but when hot tap is turned on, boiler shuts down

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
With the boiler off remove the large slot head screw from the front of the pump, insert a screwdriver into the pump and see if it turns freely, it may be seized. You will get some water dribbling out so have a towel ready.

With the boiler off remove the large slot head screw from the front of the pump, insert a screwdriver into the pump and see if it turns freely, it may be seized. You will get some water dribbling out so have a towel ready.

Thanks. Checked that. It moves fine

You can wire the pump directly into a mains supply if you're confident with wiring to see if it works. Use a 5A fuse. You'll soon see if it blows the fuse. So not connected to the boiler electrically at all, just into a mains plug.

Sponsored Links
You can wire the pump directly into a mains supply if you're confident with wiring to see if it works. Use a 5A fuse. You'll soon see if it blows the fuse. So not connected to the boiler electrically at all, just into a mains plug.

Ok. I Can try that. So just remove the wiring in this box on top of the pump and connect some flex with a plug on. I have a 3amp fuse I can use

image.jpg

Ok. Bypassed the wiring and connected to mains supply. Pump is running fine. Usual hum you would expect

boiler is stable but shuts down when hot water or heating is demanded

Last edited:
No pilot light on either.

As soon as hot water is demanded boiler shuts down

If I demand heating. Something runs for about 15 secs then boiler shuts down

Any error code

no error codes.

If I press the live monitor buttons I get S.30 but I assume that’s because it’s stable and not asking for heat. If I turn on heating that code changes to S.02 then boiler shuts down after 10 seconds

normal codes

Last edited:
Have you reinstalled the pump. It won't run without it and will shutdown as soon as it detects a no flow situation.

In that case it should show an error code if it fails to run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back