Dead boiler Vailant Ecotec Pro 28

So if you observe the led panel using the i button what sequence do you get please. Do you have the install instructions? It lists all the S codes to explain their meaning.

Sponsored Links
So if you observe the led panel using the i button what sequence do you get please. Do you have the install instructions? It lists all the S codes to explain their meaning.

S.30 code

Room thermostat is blocking heating mode

I have a Hive wireless stat connected to the boiler

Then it's external, S30 is no request for heat.

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the wiring into the boiler please. If you bridge 3&4 does the boiler fire up, if not measure the voltage on both with a multimeter, one probe on the negative in, the the other on either 3 or 4, what doe you get? You need to see 240 V on at least one of them

Bridge removed. Tested voltage at Neutral and the RT terminal 4.
24v present.

nothing at the 24v terminal 3 & neutral

Even with hive disconnected at the boiler and boiler reset it still has a S.30 code when using the buttons to view

Even with hive disconnected at the boiler and boiler reset it still has a S.30 code when using the buttons to view
You should have 240v not 24 on those terminals. Don't like the flash on the pcb though

Definitely getting 24v between neutral & RT terminal not 240v

sorry flash may have been incorrect. Poss. The resettable fuses .

Which connection are your external controls connected to?

So if you disconnect these wires from the hive and jumper the two pins on the 24v rt connections the boiler doesnt fire up?

So if you disconnect these wires from the hive and jumper the two pins on the 24v rt connections the boiler doesnt fire up?

If I fit the link wire between 24 & RT something starts to run for about ten seconds but it’s not the boiler firing. But then then the boiler shuts down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back