Dead boiler Vailant Ecotec Pro 28

What's the display showing with the I button selected while doing this?

Sponsored Links
What's the display showing with the I button selected while doing this?

S.30 in when boiler on standby the S.97 when applying heating

looking online it says

S.97
Water pressure sensor check is running, demand (DHW or heating) is blocked

Sponsored Links
I'd expect it to show a fault code. If it doesn't detect a flow, pump running. It won't fire up but it should show a fault.

Look in your instructions and look for d codes and how to read them. I.e. fails to light or pump errors.

Checked pump with meter and there is 240v there when heating sequence starts. That’s what’s running for 10 secs before boiler shuts down. Don’t think it’s the pump.

As before. As soon as hot tap is on boiler shuts down

Do you get the pump symbol on the display? The nomal sequence is demand, pump symbol, then gas flame symbol.
So the boiler looks for flow, if ok it then open the gas valve by activating the fan, flame supervision to detect ignition, then after a minute turns gas up to full rate.
How long before the boiler stops? That's from initial demand to stop, and when it stops it shows S30, correct.

What stumps me is there's no fault display which is what I'd expect unles the PCB has faulted.

Do you get the pump symbol on the display? The nomal sequence is demand, pump symbol, then gas flame symbol.
So the boiler looks for flow, if ok it then open the gas valve by activating the fan, flame supervision to detect ignition, then after a minute turns gas up to full rate.
How long before the boiler stops? That's from initial demand to stop, and when it stops it shows S30, correct.

What stumps me is there's no fault display which is what I'd expect unles the PCB has faulted.

I replaced the pcb with a new one and it’s fired back up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back