Decking over a drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a small concrete covered garden that I was thinking about decking over. The one problem I have is that this would mean decking over the outside drain and I was just wondering what the options are as I will still need to access the drain at some point.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
People would usually incorperate an inspection hatch into the deck.

By which i mean nothing more than adding a few noggins to box it in and making sure your boards are are cut at the edges of the hole. Then when you need at it simply unscrew the short lengths and lift out to get at your manhole cover.

Does that make sense?

thats how we do it. use the same boards to carry across the drain cover and the area of deck around, so the grain all matches in and you can hardly see the cover.

bit like this one we did

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Hi, that is great. Thanks for the help. I assumed it would be something like that but having no previous experience thought it best to get some advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back