DENTISTS CHARGES

Sponsored Links
You don't get many millionaires bleating and whinging about some of the most stressful times of their lives just because somebody took them to a small claims court.
You'll have to try harder yourself pizzpot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i dont have a dentist anymore,as the 1s i did have 1 by 1 went over to the private sector and the costs became far to prohibitive.
i.e go to a hygienist at a cost of 45 odd quid and i was only in the chair 10mins to be told how to clean my teeth properly.

in 1990 i had 5 crowns fitted nhs charges at the time max was £150 for the lot.
6 mths later was involved in a car crash(no my fault)and i sustained damage to my teeth,this resulted in an emergency extraction various fillings and another crown and a bridge,went private and the total bill for work was in excess of £1400.and the dentist still had the cheek to charge the 3rd party insurance £400 for 2 reports.
was offered something like denplan(at about £80 p/mth)
so now i go to the emergency dentist.last time i went i had an xray/pain relief and an extraction for £19.90.
most dentists were trained by the nhs,and once they become qualified and finish doing there stint for the nhs they jump on the band wagon and go private,i know of a dentist who said he couldnt survive on 250k a year to run his portion of the practice,and there were 5 dentists in that practice.

Sponsored Links
it's a free market, they can charge what they like, it's your choice as to whether or not you want to use their service surely? My NHS dentist, is wonderful!! but then I have lovely teeth :D

it's a free market, they can charge what they like, it's your choice as to whether or not you want to use their service surely? My NHS dentist, is wonderful!! but then I have lovely teeth :D

he keeps them in a glass of bleach on his bedside table every night :LOL: :p :LOL:

he keeps them in a glass of bleach on his bedside table every night :LOL: :p :LOL:

His and hers no doubt.

hahaha...no way, i have a phobia of false teeth.....im frightened to death of em.....weird, but true...

:p my teeth are about the only thing that are in fine working nick, thank you

If I could pick up on the comment about foreign dentists being permitted to work in the UK.

There is a dental practise in the centre of Bristol which seem to employ only foreign (mainly EU) dentists. I became an NHS patient at this practise 18 months ago, and was originally treated by a young lady from Madrid. When I went for my last checkup, that young lady had returned to Madrid, and my new dentist is Polish! In both cases, their command of English was impeccable.

Costs: 6-month checkup £37.50. Replace filling: £49.50

We knackered old $hits don't worry about dentists any more, or toothache for that matter.

Yes, my teeth are all my own... fully paid for.

I agree that dentist's charges are horrendous BUT, one thing I wouldn't like is looking inside people's mouths all day long - well, not unless it was Anna Torv's mouth.

I agree that dentist's charges are horrendous BUT, one thing I wouldn't like is looking inside people's mouths all day long - well, not unless it was Anna Torv's mouth.

I reckon it would be much worse to be a gynaecologist, looking in......

Sponsored Links
Back