DI612C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - also had trouble with a DI612C that I inherited when I moved into new house a couple of months ago. Had an unlisted error code - 3rd programme light flashing on it's own. Followed the advice of turning off and on again and pressing the programme button 4 times in 3 seconds before the light flashed and hey-presto - success. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing that you're getting either an E2 or an E9 error code.
If so, open the door, switch it off, switch it on and immediately press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds. (Don't wait for any lights when you switch it on, just quickly press the button 4 times).
The two end lights should light up. Press the program button and one of the lights should go off.
Switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on and it should be reset.
If resetting doesn't cure it, check that the base isn't flooded and the anti flood device activated.
If you're getting any other error code don't do the reset, just post the lights that are flashing, 1 being left and 5 being right.

sleepy, hoping you're still here and can help. Not sure what my model of smeg dishwasher is, but it's about 4 years old, is slimline, and looks identical to today's model DF41OS1.... it stops mid cycle, open it and there's surplus water in the machine. I've tried to reset by removing the water and i've cleaned the filters, that seemed to get it going again, but i guess at the next drain cycle it stopped again... i've tried to reset the bcp as above, and that did nothing.

Any thoughts? Grateful for any help you can provide.

Cheers in advance.

Dk

Does the drain pump run when you first switch it on and before the machine fills. Is the waste pipe clear of debris.

Listen for the drain pump or put some water in the machine and see if it comes out of the waste pipe.

Sponsored Links
Does the drain pump run when you first switch it on and before the machine fills. Is the waste pipe clear of debris.

Listen for the drain pump or put some water in the machine and see if it comes out of the waste pipe.

Thanks for your reply. I can't hear much to be honest. But I now know that the model and type are DF410S, Type 10155.

I've manually removed the water from the base of the machine, right down inside of the well where water collects for the pump, and I've felt around inside there, near the intake for the pump, to make sure there is no blockage. I've restarted it (it won't seem to run as long as there is water in the base of the machine). I heard no pump when I started the machine. The machine was silent for a few minutes, then the water kicked in and started the wash cycle. Fingers crossed it will make it through the whole cycle - it would be the first time in 2 weeks. I expect that at some point the E6 message will come on, the machine will stop mid-cycle, and when I open it up there will be about 1/2 inch of water on the bottom of the machine.

It's getting frustrating. I've seen some of the costs charged for repair and callouts, and I live in London where it will be at the upper end. I'm thinking it's just easier to toss the machine out and buy a new one. But if you have any advice at all that might help me to figure this out and get it sorted, I'd be happy to hear it.

Many thanks.

Derek

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back