Different balls...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...snooker ones :)

Once upon a time, you could get a snooker/pool table top that sat upon your existing dining table, such as this.
But they seem to have stopped making them as I can't find a supplier who says they have any in stock. Every google search I try either returns Folding Tables (no use as I have nowhere to fold it out to unless I get rid of the dining table), Snooker tables that convert to Dining tables (prices start north of £1000) or table tennis conversions for an existing snooker table.

So, are there any snookerists out there who know where I could obtain a tabletop snooker table of at least 5ft preferably 6ft?
Or this being a DIY forum, any suggestions on lightly butchering a snooker table to fit onto an existing dining table?
(My existing table is fairly robust oak with granite inserts - more stable than the folding pool table my dad has)

Sponsored Links
Get rid of the table and

rollover-pool-dining-table.jpg

But won't the balls fall off when you turn it over for dinner? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The Hy Pro 6' table at Argos (228/1920) looks as though it might do the job simply by not fitting the legs. Also, a 'wanted' in Freegle might unearth one for free since I disposed of one a couple of years ago via Freecycle (now Freegle).

Design
5 / 55 / 5
Quality
4 / 54 / 5
Sturdiness
4 / 54 / 5
Ease of set up
4 / 54 / 5
..........though my husband took the stand off and we leave it on our dining table as it is always being used! Very happy with purchase.
Yes, I recommend this product.

or go the other way,buy a decent snooker table and make a wooden table top out of some matching good quality timber,then all you have to do is lift the top off and theres your snooker table.

something i want to do,bought a 3/4 slate table about 10 years ago,still sitting in my garage as the house i live in is far to small :cry: BUT 1 day it will happen.

or go the other way,buy a decent snooker table and make a wooden table top out of some matching good quality timber,then all you have to do is lift the top off and theres your snooker table.

C'est mon suggestion aussi, squire!

Sponsored Links
Back