Differing broadband speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Run speed test on the ipad.... reads 15mbps.

Run speed test on the PC..... reads between 2 and 6mbps..

A bit confused by this. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
one via land line and possibly throttled [restricted connection]and other by transmitter for your mobile company

As above,, but remember on the internet, your speed is limited by the slowest server between your computer and the server you finally connect to. . Do a traceroute to your favourite site, and you'll soon fond the slowest internet connection along the way.

The ipad is connected to the same router as my PC. Its just a wifi ipad, not 3G. Furthermore, its a fibre optic broadband connection I have. Shouldnt even be as low as 2mbps!

Sponsored Links
Are you on Virgin? as they are having problems all over the country. I spoke to them last week and they told me that it 'should' be working at normal speed by the 31st Dec. :eek: I have been given a £15 discount.

Andy

If you are using P2P file sharing websites BT throttle it terribly at times....even slower than normal broadband. I find after midnight its fine.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back