Dimmable Pull Switch (Bathroom)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, just needed a quick piece of help with this one.

Just purchased the switch (see below) and I can't for the life of me work out how this is supposed to be wired! I can hear ya now - Then stay away from it! - and you would probably be right. All the same curiousity has gotten to me now.

Here is the switch:

dsc00305ci0.jpg

When I losen the 2 screws on the left and right I can only assume the wiring goes into the 2 chrome like connectors but they don't seem to losen or move to allow the wiring in :confused:

Any idea?

Secondly, it appears that I only have 2 red wires and an earth coming from the ceiling, is there a way of telling which is which?

dsc00307pl7.jpg

Sponsored Links
Isn't there a gap between the semi-circular terminal & the silver metal tongue between which you can insert the conductor?

As for the twin red, it does not matter which way round you connect them.

However, FYI, if you get a two-pole voltage tester & put one probe to red & the other to the cpc, the red that gives you 230V is the live & the "dead" red is the switch wire. If you get nothing from either, then either the power is off, or you have a duff earth connection.

I tried connecting the two wires to here:

dsc00305ayc0.jpg

Then swapping them around then trying to connect them to the other end of the switch:

dsc00306ua3.jpg

But to no avail the light does not come on! Now either I have a faulty switch or the wires aren't making a connection. Anyone add to this?

Sponsored Links
As you can see from your switch, you need a neutral!!

The wire that is comming down from you ceiling only has a "live", a "switched live" and earth.

Pretty sure you don't have to use that neutral terminal. I think it's just giving you the option to park your neutrals there if you wish.

I installed one of these a while ago and pretty sure neutrals were just connected in a block as the terminals are a right pain to use (as you've found out)!! The cables do just push in though but there's not much room to play with.

no, try a differnt switch.

also have you tried connecting to L and the arrow with squigly line (live in and live out)

yes the live and switch live are on opposite sides. Looks like you do needs to connect them the correct way aswell. Not sure if you will damage it by connecting the wrong way tho.

yes the live and switch live are on opposite sides. Looks like you do needs to connect them the correct way aswell. Not sure if you will damage it by connecting the wrong way tho.

Excellent mate, thanks ;)

So far it doesn't appear to have damaged the switch but I will keep an eye on it but it's working now.

Thanks all for your help, AGAIN!

Fully operational, thanks again guys.

What I have noticed is that at the max brightness is still doesn't appear to be as bright as when I had it on the normal switch! Is this just the way it is or is there something I can do?

Fully operational, thanks again guys.

What I have noticed is that at the max brightness is still doesn't appear to be as bright as when I had it on the normal switch! Is this just the way it is or is there something I can do?

Read the manual, i have a very similar switch.

It states in the manual that the light will only operate at a max 85% of its full brightness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back