Direct On Line starter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Never really had an oppertunity to wire this sort of thing before so though i would run it past you guys 1st!

Basically a starter for a 880w pump for a swimming pool. The intention is to use this switch to start/stop the pump with automatic start via timeclock. I have single phase supplying it. The following shows how i would think to wire it however i have no idea how to include the timeclock into this installation.

Perm Live = 1
Link out = 1-2
Link out = 2-3
Link out = 3-4
Link out = 4-5
Neutral = A1
Link out = A2-13 common to input start
Link out = 14-95 common to output start
Link out = 5-96 going through stop input and output

Live Output to pump = 6
Neutral = Not sure... Goes into A2 but comes out where?

I have no diagrams for this so slightly unsure.

if you guys could tell me where i am correct or wrong that would be great... any ideas how to bring the timeclock in for autostart? possibly i think something to do with 14 and 95???

carl

Sponsored Links
Hello.

Never really had an oppertunity to wire this sort of thing before so though i would run it past you guys 1st!

Basically a starter for a 880w pump for a swimming pool. The intention is to use this switch to start/stop the pump with automatic start via timeclock. I have single phase supplying it. The following shows how i would think to wire it however i have no idea how to include the timeclock into this installation.

Perm Live = 1
Link out = 1-2
Link out = 2-3
Link out = 3-4
Link out = 4-5
Neutral = A1
Up to here OK but then you get it wrong
Link out = A2-13 common to input start
Link out = 14-95 common to output start
Link out = 5-96 going through stop input and output

Live Output to pump = 6
Neutral = Not sure... Goes into A2 but comes out where?

I have no diagrams for this so slightly unsure.

if you guys could tell me where i am correct or wrong that would be great... any ideas how to bring the timeclock in for autostart? possibly i think something to do with 14 and 95???

carl
Link out = A2-95 common to input start
Line from time clock to 96

!3, 14, 17 and 18 will not be used as it's not manual start.

However in this format on overload the pump will try to re-start each time overload cools down so a latching relay is often used for overload so if the overload activates it energises a relay which then latches holding the supply to main coil off until power is removed and re-applied. Or more common use this
R284785-91.jpg
type of overload which can both be used as an isolator and any overload will need manual intervention to re-set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back