Disappearing Anitfreeze.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, Please!!! Has anybody who owns a ford ka or any other car had a problem with a leaking coolant reservoir? Its driving me balmy! Its a 2004 reg. I've seen the leak with my own eyes. its comming from the bottom of the reservoir. The trouble is: its is only noticable in the morning when its cold. I can see the trickle. but when i take it to the garage. they can't find the leak. Although They agree the level is down and have said the reservoir maybe split.. Anybody got any suggestons what should be done? for instance: replacing the reservoir! Anybody got any idea how much that would cost?

Sponsored Links
I've come across split reservoirs before and the fault usually shows up when you twist the pipe from side to side with the engine hot - however its worth checking those nasty hose clips that are used these days.
Anyway, you don't want it to rupture as that would be expensive if the cylinder head gasket was to fail so do get it done.
Its a dealer part, this one - you could use a one from a breaker but there is some risk.
Remember to top the antifreeze concentration up after the job is done.
John :)

Risk? from a second hand header tank??? what risk? other than the second hand one having a split also, there is none!

Sponsored Links
Back