Disguising tree stumps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would you do? I have two small stumps side by side. They were professionally cut to almost ground level and treated about 3 months ago. I was thinking of a raised bed over them but wondered if there was anything a bit cheaper? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
put a table over the top to reduce the visual effect

did he "score" them with the chainsaw on top to help rotting!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I had a similar problem recently. I was thinking of how to disguise them, but then decided to dig down and see if there was any way I could pull them out. It was actually a lot easier than I had imagined. I only had to dig down about 1 - 2 feet and found that each one had only 4 or 5 'major' roots. I managed to get an axe and saw to them, and pull the stumps out.

I don't know how they compare in size to your ones, and I don't even know what kind of trees they were as someone had chopped them down before I moved in. I would guess they were about 8 - 10 inches in diameter each.

Might be worth a try. Good luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back