Disgusting article from the telegraph

Sponsored Links
Well, he's certainly can't be held responsible, or castigated for the sins of his forefathers, although I'm sure someone in government will ask him to apologise for his family history. (more than likely a Labour backbencher) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The religious establishment don't like Dawkins because he's a very articulate athiest who they can't shut up.
It's like someone on here always says...when the argument is lost the abuse begins.
Attempting to slur him with this is a bit odd though, considering that his slave owning forbears were probably devout christians at the time.

Sponsored Links
The telegraph wanted to get in first before The sun on Sunday is up and running.

It's funny how when there is a call for apoligises and reperations there's never any mention of the Africans who made themselves a very good living selling slaves to white traders and also shipped hundreds of thousands of slaves to the arabs over the years.
I heard the interview on radio 4 mentioned towards the bottom of the link and it seemed to me to be very biased against Darwins who dispite that came across very well.

Rather than apologising for his part in the slave trade, Richard Dawkins should apologise for his hatred of God and Jesus, and for spreading lies and propoganda to further his heathen agenda.

He doesn't have a hatred of God. For heavens sake it's the 21st century - we don't need a fictitious father Christmas figure to live up to. Read what he says.

What he says is the repugnant word of Lucifer. He will burn in hell along with all of his followers.

What he says is the repugnant word of Lucifer. He will burn in hell along with all of his followers.
To be fair, NO ONE can prove you wrong, NO ONE can prove you right.

I'm all for free speech and freedom of choice so I'm happy for religion to have their beliefs and Dawkins to have his. If I want to listen to what a particular religion has to say, I will. If I want to listen to Dawkins or his 'followers', I will. What I won't do is listen to anyone who displays an attitude of an upper class prat. Dawkins I have to say, fits into that mould in my opinion. As I see it, he's out to make a name for himself but what gets me is he's not saying anything that wasn't said by Darwin in terms of biology. Yes he makes noises about intolerance and suffering but I've seen no evidence of him actually going out and alleviating it, all he does is talk about it! We can all talk. If he believes so strongly in his convictions why isn't he out in countries who do persecute and execute in the name of religion? I doubt he has the balls to. It's all well and good standing at some lectern spouting your beliefs but what's 'HE' actually done/doing about them? His foundation's 'mission statement' says it is on a "quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering." Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.

As for the 'attacks' against him, the wording is contrived to draw attention to a non-story. Typical Media (I know, I trained them! :p ). If his family did make their fortune from slavery then that's a fact. It can't be denied. He IS therefore (assuming the story is correct), a beneficiary of slavery. He may not like that but it's factual history... surely Dawkins of all people isn't going to deny factual history?

Rather than apologising for his part in the slave trade, Richard Dawkins should apologise for his hatred of God and Jesus, and for spreading lies and propoganda to further his heathen agenda.
and causing Islamaphobia calling the religion a great evil and must be stopped

His foundation's 'mission statement' says it is on a "quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering." Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.

Like him or not, he has a world wide audience, so he's doing far more to spread his beliefs as he is than he would be if he were "on the ground" somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Back