Dishwasher Detergent cup won't close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GE Potscrubber 700 model dishwasher. The detergent cup no longer stays closed. It is completely free of any build up or detergent that could prevent it from staying closed. I have recycled the machine and tried pressing different options for cleaning to see if that could be the cause of the problem. I suspect that something needs to be tightened or adjusted. Is there a way for a do-it-your-selfer to do this?

Sponsored Links
I have no problem with my dishwasher, except that occasionally it asks to be replaced by an electric machine. ;)

This is only a thought. seeing as you both have the same problem, it could be that the water temperature has distorted the plastic lid?

but as this is a UK based forum so we are not familiar with your brand of dishwasher may i suggest you click here as it is an American version of these forums and the link takes you to the appliance page

Sponsored Links
It could be the little solenoid that opens the cup,it will be connected to it somehow,usually hiden under loads of door furniture and trim! :confused:

oilman said:
I have no problem with my dishwasher, except that occasionally it asks to be replaced by an electric machine. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My washing up machine also on the blink as we are expecting the clatter of tiny washers in Jan so I have to do it all

gerisen said:
I have a GE Potscrubber 700 model dishwasher. The detergent cup no longer stays closed. It is completely free of any build up or detergent that could prevent it from staying closed. I have recycled the machine and tried pressing different options for cleaning to see if that could be the cause of the problem. I suspect that something needs to be tightened or adjusted. Is there a way for a do-it-your-selfer to do this?
I too, am experienceing the same problem and would like to know if you ever found a solution?

mrowen said:
I too, am experienceing the same problem and would like to know if you ever found a solution?

its doubtfull you will get a reply from the origonal posters, the first was posted 16 months ago, and it was the only post they ever made (look at the number of posts under the name) all i would suggest is you follow my previous addice further up

The lid on despenser stopped working nearly a year ago, so stopped using powder and now use Tablets.

Put Tablets in with cutlery basket. wash is as good as always.

salem.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

this is a 2003 post so your help is probably too late now.
I have locked the topic.
please have a look at "Appliances" then "Sticky: Please read before you post"
Mod Rupert

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back