Miele Premier DIshwasher G 660 will not fill with water

Yeah well I'm beginning to run out of love!!

Where might I sensibly look? It is (most) unlikely to be a partial blockage because the impact is total - Lots of water or none. So I guess it has to be a sensor of some sort.

How does the DW know that there is enough water inside and to stop filling?
This seems the most logical candidate?
I presume this is the 'float switch' but where do I find it?

Sponsored Links
Finally found it
It seems that the connector joining the wire from the aquastop valve to the rest of the electrics was loose/faulty. Fiddling around in that area, plugging, unplugging and a bit of bending of the contacts and everything now works fine.

Thanks to all those that participated.

Glad this one was solved. Just for completeness sake I had an identical problem with my g461 but with a different root cause. The inlet disc near the bottom of the cabinet had worked loose allowing water to drip into the catch tray causing the flood float to activate. Of course it only activated after the initial fill so wouldn't then refill.

This one is a bit easier to spot as when you tilt the unit water comes out (and therefore empties the tray and resets the flood float allowing it to fill once more).

Any leak from the inlet system will manifest itself in a similar way - another one to watch out for

Just tightened up the disc, emptied the tray and all good. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back