Miele Premier DIshwasher G 660 will not fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE IGNORE THIS - POSTED IN THE WRONG SECTION
MODERATORS ALERTED
Hi,
I have a 2nd hand dishwasher.
I've cleaned the machine according to the operating manual; filled it with salt and rinse aid; matched the salt level with local water hardness and tried it; checked the hoses; checked the inlet filter and supply. Inevitably, there are some problems:-
1. Often (but not always) the machine fails to fill up. It completes the cycle including drying) but there is no evidence of any water being involved (An upright cup left in the machine remains empty)
2. The detergent compartment mostly fails to open. I've checked the solenoid and it works just fine. It may be linked to failure to fill with water.

Looking through various posts it seems this might be a sticking float valve but I cannot find out how to access the float value. There is a raised section in the middle of the floor of the washer which looks to be the right height to have water trickle in and trip a float to stop the machine filling. However, I cannot see how to get the top off check and if necessary free up the float.

Thanks for any advice on this or any other possible cause of the problem

Sponsored Links
Kev
Quite right.
Slip of the finger/too many windows open :)
Now I have to figure out how to delete/move it
KR
R

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back