Dishwasher - Hotpoint Aquarius FDW60 stopped washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought this new in 2006 with no problems or repairs since. Am using 3-1 tablets so never had to add salt or rinse aid. Cleaned maybe every 6 months (according to need).

Two days ago she stopped working. Completed a wash, it hadn’t got everything clean so added a bottle of cleaner and went to turn it on. Power, lights, nothing. Having selected the hottest cycle and after hitting the start button there was a very subtle and quiet humming noise. But no water or washing. I’ve undone the inlet pipe and the filter and water flow is OK.

Something I noticed last night was when I chose the hottest cycle then hit start was that the pre-wash button illuminated. Then If I cancelled everything and started again with the next hottest cycle selected then the 6 hr delay start button (next to pre-wash light) came on.

Any ideas please? Or if it’s a repair job is it worth paying the cost vs getting a new one? Is 9 yrs about as much as they last for or should I mend it?

Sponsored Links
They are a pretty reliable model of WMC.

But most people are happy with 4-6 years life expectancy so 9 years and you have been lucky.

Its probably a PCB failed. Most WMC PCBs seem to be about £50-£100 but it could be something else.

The general advice would be to consider yourself lucky and buy a new machine!

Tony

Sponsored Links
You could have a leak inside the casing. If it fills with water, a float valve rises and the machine will not work. Not an expert but it happened to mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back