Distance of flue and extraction fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
How far does the flue need to be from extraction fan? My boiler is a baxi 80e combi. I was wondering if i could put a extraction fan next to the flue going out?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it true that new boilers can have a plume management flue fitted so can fit anything to a distance of 50mm?

No. Plume management kits cannot be fitted to overcome an illegal flue installation position, unless the manufacturer clearly states this in writing.

Sponsored Links
I don't know why you said illegal flue installation. As i was originally asking how far my extraction fan can be fitted from the flue. Also the reason i was asking about the new boilers is because we might be changing the boiler as the current one is playing up. And i have read in the vaillant flue manual that the clearance is reduced from 300mm to 50mm using the variable termination kit on page 26

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/b8/42/00/Flue_installation_instructions.pdf

All i wanted was someone to confirm this.

You asked a general question, I gave a general answer.

You then say you want confirmation of a specific boiler flue, totally different question, which I had answered by stating it was ok if manufacturers put it in writing, which they have, so you have your answer.

You asked a general question, I gave a general answer.

You then say you want confirmation of a specific boiler flue, totally different question, which I had answered by stating it was ok if manufacturers put it in writing, which they have, so you have your answer.

some people are never happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back