DIY Book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone reccomend a good DIY home electric book
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've heard the Which? book of wiring and lighting to be quite good, though I haven't read it myself.

This all assumes you are actually in the UK, I know you put UK as your avatar, but this was originally posted in the Electrics outside of the UK section.

I'm actually thinking of getting a book called 'Electric Wiring: Domestic' which I've heard to be good for the technically minded, though it doesn't look like a book for most DIYers, and not for beginners.
Can anybody advise me on it?

gasman said:
Can anyone reccomend a good DIY home electric book

In addition to the Which? Book of Wiring & Lighting, the following are often recommended:

The Readers Digest Complete DIY Manual
Collins Complete DIY Manual
Collins Wiring and Lighting

--
Michael

not having seen any of them, i would opt for the last one, as it deals solely with wiring etc

Sponsored Links
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! breezer's back too. That was a short trip, how's things?

plugwash said:
the IEE on site guide?

The IEE ONSITE GUIDE makes essential reading for anyone thinking of doing any wiring work in the home etc.

Agree 100% with the above - the IEE Onsite Guide is a must. Be careful if you buy it from Amazon - last time I looked they were still selling the old blue one.

Another I'd strongly recommend is The Electricians Guide, by John Whitfield, obtainable from Amazon, but I think it's nicer to buy it from TLC as a "thank you" for putting it on-line.

If you're interested in the theory behind things, Paul Cook's Commentary on the IEE Wiring Regulations is good.

Not seen it, but I've read a number of good reports about NICEICS Snags & Solutions book.

All of Scadden's books are apparently riddled with typos and errors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back