Basic electric books

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at starting a nvq in domestic electrics can any advise me on a good reference book / introduction book(s)
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am looking at starting a nvq in domestic electrics can any advise me on a good reference book / introduction book(s)
Cheers
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're still at the stage of needing that then the DI NVQ will be of no use to you - there is no way you can start from scratch with that course.

Nearly every course I have done have set their own book list. You are far better asking your lectures what books to get.

The big red book BS 7671:2008 is likely to be used on all courses but I do remember doing a 16th Edition course where the union version of "On site Guide" was used.

C&G 2330, 2391, 2392.

Along the way you can pick up 2382, but you should only need to sit the exam for that.

thanks for the advise at the the moment it is just a interest i am looking at bit long in the tooth for a full career change but in my line of work i come across a lot of talk about electric supply and if any thing its is just wanting to understand the chat more.
but thanks for the advise

I do remember doing a 16th Edition course where the union version of "On site Guide" was used.
electricians-guide-to-good.gif
front-cover-elec-guide-insp.gif

http://www.technicaltrainingsolutions.co.uk/publications.shtml

where and what would you suggest then if somebody was starting from scratch ???

If your starting from scratch and you enrolling on the 2330 C&G course,
that course runs along side Trevor Linsley's publication, I linked earlier, they no longer give hand out study notes at college but recommend these books, as do I. You'll struggle without them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back