Basic electric books

I do remember doing a 16th Edition course where the union version of "On site Guide" was used.
electricians-guide-to-good.gif
front-cover-elec-guide-insp.gif

http://www.technicaltrainingsolutions.co.uk/publications.shtml[/QUOTE]

I've never had these two publication, but have seen them and broweds through.
They look quite informative and good value for money.

Sponsored Links
is it correct that 2392 is just a watered down version of 2391?

If so, is there any point to doing 2392 if you have 2391?

If that is the case, what the f is 2393?
turn up, drink coffee, read index of GN3, collect certificate

When i looked into this deciding what to do, it seemed to me that the 2392 was for single phase stuff like what you see in a house and is the sort of level for a DIYer who wants to do his own thing and not worry if the council comes in to check.

2391 covered three phases and is more at the level I would expect to see of a wet behind the ears electrician who could walk into any installation and have a clue about what was going on. So entry level practical, to be backed up with several years experience learning the job before one could call oneself an 'electrician'

And for the original poster, where you need to start depends on what you know already. if you have got O'level physics (or whatever they hand out nowadays, probably an A level before you cover simple electrics) you pretty much covered all the theory. So don't accept people telling you it's going to be too hard to start half way up, they need to ask questions first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back