Do I have a faulty aerial or is it a booster?

i understand what the amplifier does. I simply didn't see anywhere a mention of "magic eye" requirement. I guess you are simply "futureproofing".

Sponsored Links
JOEPUBLI";p="2697663 said:
Here are the three connections into the black Antiference box

From the left:
First cable comes from the splitter attached to the Labger box.
Second cable comes from the top left Taldis unit at the bottom
Third cable disappears off via the trunking

Also the Output cable on Teldis also disappears off into the trunking.

How would I connect up the new box to replace these connections?

Your wiring would be aerial cable via Labgear PSU, then to TV (UHF) In on the Wolsey then out to the various TV points.
It was in one of my previous posts :)

Re - IR pass etc- There is a separate music distribution system in the study that's a mess of wires- the vendors had told me that I could use the remote control pointed at the control panels to change the satellite channel - I attach the pictures below. Havent got round to giving this much thought yet as I have only managed to get the satellite channel on upstairs TV thanks to you guys. Should've got them to show me how these things worked.
There are lots of ways to skin a cat. The Systemline product can also be spec'ed to act as an IR relay. This isn't done via the aerial system though. So Sky's magic eye system is something different too- and separate from- Systemline's IR relay. Systemline uses IR receivers in the larger wall keypad to pick up IR signals to control the music system. Additional IR emitters can be added to control gear housed with the main Systemline controller box. e.g. You could control the IR input on a CD player, or do some simple control of an IR capable iPod dock.

Systemlines IR control is routed back to the main unit via the cables for the keypads. If your Sky box was located with the main Systemline controller then you could control it. But seeing as the keypads are normally located near a door it would be slightly odd to point the Sky remote at the doorway when watching the TV.

Just to be clear, I think you should treat the two IR systems separately. One is for music, and the other (if you install Sky eyes) is for TV.

i understand what the amplifier does. I simply didn't see anywhere a mention of "magic eye" requirement. I guess you are simply "futureproofing".
The fact that he has a Sky box, and for the small amount extra to have the feature, well it just makes sense. So yes, future-proofing if you will. But for me it's a no-brainer choice. You just do it because it costs a lot more to fix it after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back