Do I need to replace my Netaheat 40e?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning a small kitchen extension and my boiler Potterton Netaheat 40e.I believe it is about 15 years old as is the house, it has a serial number starting of 019. It is on the wall which is going to be knocked down.

It does make a lot of noise when its running, I think that is down to the fan. I need to move the boiler so do I:

A Get a more efficient condensing boiler and locate it somewhere else (The garage possibly?)
B Repair it (not me!) and turn the boiler 90 degrees to keep it on an external wall.

What is the life expectancy of one of these boilers? How much difference will a new boiler make to my energy consumption?

I know there is going to be a big difference in the costs, but I am wondering if I am making more work and costs for myself or if it is a good time to carry out the replacement.

All replies will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
There is as much work moving a boiler as fitting a new one.

Your boiler is, you say, 15 years old and about 65% efficient.

A modern condensing boiler will be about 90% efficient !

The answer is obvious isn't it?

Tony Glazier

Thanks for that reply.

I knew there would be difference in the efficiencies, but I didn't realise my existing boiler is only 65%!

Better do some more overtime then :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back