Do rads work on a link?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just turned my heating on, the boiler is ok, pilot light lit. We decorated a few months ago and found a leaky radiator. This radiator is the first one on the link. We emptied the radiator as couldn't afford to replace it.

This is the first time we've tried to use the heating since then and none of the rads are getting any heat. The pipes into them are cold.

The pump in the cellar is working and the pipe to that is warm. The pipe after the pump is lukewarm for about 40cm then cold. The pressure is ok too. The heating system is old, the house was built in 1860. The boiler is a honeywell and was installed a year ago!
Please try and suggest somethng before I have to call the plumber!

I am presuming that I'll need to buy a new radiator but would like to check first!

Thankyou very much.

Sponsored Links
Open both valves to redundant rad (I'm assuming you have not capped them but just closed them at the valve).One at a time though until you get a flow from both into a bucket then close off.
Refill boiler to 1 bar and then bleed all rads.
If indirect system ensure f and e cistern in loft has water in it :)

it sounds like it is the pump unless the rad you removed was plumbed in as a through rad. in other words you cut off the entire flow when you disconnected it.
That would be un usual to be piped like that but hey, you see some funny things in this game

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back