Does a gas hob need adjustment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get into the gas forum so thought I'd post here.
If a new gas hob is installed does it need any adjustment or is it a case of connecting the gas supply and that it?
Don't worry it's not something that being done by me!

Sponsored Links
If you are not gas registered then you should not be surprised that you cannot access the Combustion Chamber part of this site!

If you have a question about fitting a gas hob then ask whoever you get to fit it!

Your question is typical of what can be expected by someone comtemplating a DIY job!

Tony

Sponsored Links
NO is not strictly true although cookers /hobs should come out of the factory set .
Some have a little adjuster screw on the gas tap so that when on low flame the gas doesnt go out.
But its a simple check the guy fitting it will have done without you even noticing

Ok, thanks.
I'd read in the paper that on some gas products (probably boilers) it needs adjusting to prevent carbon monoxide. I wasn't sure if this would apply to a gas hob too.

I'm a qualified electrician so understand why people are suspicious! :p

All gas cookers give off carbon monoxide to some degree but not usually to what is regarded as dangerous levels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back