Does BG have access to Viessmann spare part? do they service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

New to this forum, have been looking for answers to my query, can't find any so here it goes:

My boiler (Valiant) has packed up on me, and BG has told me that the heat exchanger is too damaged to be fixed (gets v hot at the bottom and v cold at the top, switches itself off.) BG has given me a ludicrous quote (3800 gbp!!!!) for a worcester/bosch condensing boiler, my regular plumber (french but corgi and here for more than 10 years) prefers to work with Viessmann and will charge me around 40% of the BG quote.

My installation is a classic open circuit (?) cold water tank in the loft, hot water cylinder in a cupboard on 1st floor, boiler is in boiler room at the back of the house.

I have no objection to Viessmann (being from the continent, I am quite familiar with this brand), though here in the UK, i would probably have gone for Worcester/Bosch myself, based on what I read. (spares, common brand, etc)

1.From this forum I get that I should stay clear of the Viessmann 100 series, and only consider a 200 series. Correct?

2. Does BG have access to Viessmann spare part? do they service this brand at all part of Home care?

(I know that most of you will rubbish the fact that I am considering keeping a homecare agreement, but having two clueless housemate, it is reassuring for all to know that by calling 1 number, you get someone quickly.)

Thanks for your help.
Olivier

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt bother, theres only 7 boilers in total that are on bg sys what are made by viessmann

Sorry guys your answer are a bit confusing...
Yes to what? Number 1 or 2 or both?
You wouldn't bother with what? BG or Viessmann?

Sponsored Links
viessmann isnt a popular brand here. i think anyone is going to have trouble getting you parts quickly for this boiler.

BG may have 7 viessmann's on the computer but ill bet you the majority of those parts are special order. i would need to check that though.

If you want a Viessmann get a 200. Few have experience of them but they are simple and don't give much trouble.

The Vaillant 8 series ecoTEC combis are very good, commonplace and there is a chance BG will know how to fix it.

Viessmann parts are freely available, this should not give you any problem as the boilers come with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
Viessmann control the German market out selling Valiant+Bosch put together.
German engineering at its best. :D

I don't know where you get your figures from.

Vaillant Hepworth Group and Bosch/Buderus have a far bigger market share in Germany than Viessmann, with 11% and 14% estimated.

Across Europe Viessmann only have about 5%.

I don't disagree they make good equipment (excepting the 100 series which is specially for us and the Netherlands) but they are not a market sales leader in any territory I'm aware of.

viessmann trained installers can offer a 5 year warranty on your boiler .no need for BG cover

viessmann trained installers can offer a 5 year warranty on your boiler .no need for BG cover

But only the boiler, not the system.

BG would take viessmanns on, ive worked on a few. The tech help guys at viessmnn are v good in my experience

viessmann offer a 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger, but i bet they question water quality if you try to make a claim

Tell your RGI that you want a W/Bosch boiler, (who's the customer here). If hes competant he should be able to install any boiler. The BG service guys can fix W/B in there sleep, and parts are readily avalable.
Some insurance is better than no insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back