Does BG have access to Viessmann spare part? do they service

If a Viessmann installer fits a lot of their boilers then they get a kit of basic parts.

However, their local service agent has a full set of normal parts and will usually come the next day so parts availability is not a significant problem.

The five year guarantee is a very useful asset.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why dont people say what they mean?

There was I thinking that BG only had service contracts with 7 customers who had Viessmann boilers!

Why do so many people not think first of the manufacturer or their service agents for insurance cover?

Tony

Why dont people say what they mean?

There was I thinking that BG only had service contracts with 7 customers who had Viessmann boilers!

Tony

i thought it wa quite clear, i mean who on this site would hav access to the number of bg customers who have Viessmann boilers?

Sponsored Links
Surely any senior BG engineer will be able to search the BG service database to extract the number of customers with a particular boiler model as well as fault experiences?

decided to reply then, only took ya a few years :LOL: hope ya customers don't have to wait that long :rolleyes:

Sometimes takes a little while to get round to replying! Particularly when I go to my customers the same day they call be in most cases.

But its just as relevant now as a reply as then if not more so!

Surely any senior BG engineer will be able to search the BG service database to extract the number of customers with a particular boiler model as well as fault experiences?

why would a engineer need to search all the customers for a specific brand/model?
they have access to make model of boiler and type of system to the house they are visiting, history of reports by prev engineers. mi's/faultfinding software are also available

for demand planning, hence parts stock levels.

Hi everyone,

New to this forum, have been looking for answers to my query, can't find any so here it goes:

My boiler (Valiant) has packed up on me, and BG has told me that the heat exchanger is too damaged to be fixed (gets v hot at the bottom and v cold at the top, switches itself off.) BG has given me a ludicrous quote (3800 gbp!!!!) for a worcester/bosch condensing boiler, my regular plumber (french but corgi and here for more than 10 years) prefers to work with Viessmann and will charge me around 40% of the BG quote.

My installation is a classic open circuit (?) cold water tank in the loft, hot water cylinder in a cupboard on 1st floor, boiler is in boiler room at the back of the house.

I have no objection to Viessmann (being from the continent, I am quite familiar with this brand), though here in the UK, i would probably have gone for Worcester/Bosch myself, based on what I read. (spares, common brand, etc)

1.From this forum I get that I should stay clear of the Viessmann 100 series, and only consider a 200 series. Correct?

2. Does BG have access to Viessmann spare part? do they service this brand at all part of Home care?

(I know that most of you will rubbish the fact that I am considering keeping a homecare agreement, but having two clueless housemate, it is reassuring for all to know that by calling 1 number, you get someone quickly.)

Thanks for your help.
Olivier

If your Frog Plumber is so good & he is recommending Viessmann, why are you bothered about BG's service & componants stocks??? Surely you'll be getting La Frog to look after your boiler and not some BG CPS??!!
If Viessmann are the Dog's Danglers it'll never break down??!!

Regardless of their spares stock, it's pot luck with BG, who is sent to repair your boiler!! And normally it's not the brightest that turns up in his polo shirt.

lol engineers organize the stock for their own van which will differ depending on the area they work. any part they don't carry can normally be ordered for the next day.
ya telling me that the engineers should have the responsibility of organising stock levels for the ndc (i haven't even seen the place) how would that work? :rolleyes:

ya telling me that the engineers should have the responsibility of organising stock levels for the ndc (i haven't even seen the place) how would that work? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen anyone suggest that the local mender should do it

Tony loves that phrase. He has yet to fully explain what he thinks a senior engineer is. Just old or in stature? Who knows. Going by his own thinking why would a senior engineer need to do the impossible and pull up the records of every customer? Surely he has seen it all before and can wave his magic wand.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that the local mender should do it

Didn't you? Or did I misunderstand your post like others seem to have?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back