Does BG have access to Viessmann spare part? do they service

I suspect there would be some serious data protection issues breached if we could access the sort of information that tony expects us to be able to see.

All we need to know is where we need to be and what the job is.

Sponsored Links
Data protection is primarily concerned about the security of personal data rather than commercially sensitive/valuable aspects.

I am sure that BG consider that some of the data that could be obtained from their database has commercial value and access to some searches will be blocked.

In my original postings I did refer to senior engineers having access to data searches and not necessarily to every field engineer.

since the original question was

I interpreted this as a question about the big BG distribution and stockholding warehouse keeping parts for Viessmanns; hence the reason somebody would have looked at the records to see how many boilers, of what type, were installed, since the information would be highly relevant to deciding what parts to keep in stock. The person doing this analysis would have no need to know the names and addresses of the customers therefore DPA is not relevant.

It is not a question, or a decision, a local mender in his van would need to, or necessarily be equipped to, handle.

Sponsored Links
what do you mean by senior engineers? i think me and nickso are both curious :LOL:

No, my curiosity into the mind of glazier lasted 2 seconds. :LOL:

I have quizzed him on the senior engineer several times and he just trolls around the issue in a joe-90 fashion.

I actually think he has the onset of dementia after the revelations of this thread. :LOL:

since the original question was

I interpreted this as a question about the big BG distribution and stockholding warehouse keeping parts for Viessmanns; hence the reason somebody would have looked at the records to see how many boilers, of what type, were installed, since the information would be highly relevant to deciding what parts to keep in stock. The person doing this analysis would have no need to know the names and addresses of the customers therefore DPA is not relevant.

It is not a question, or a decision, a local mender in his van would need to, or necessarily be equipped to, handle.

Then why put this revelation half way down the second page with no reference to the original post?

JohnD have you any idea how much that would initally cost guessing what parts a particular boiler may need and stocking every individual boilers parts .
Bg have more or less same or next day access to just about every part (unless its no longer made or manufacturers wont supply as is case with servowarm).
So what they do is work on historical data once any part has been ordered more than 3 times in a year it automatically then gets stocked at the national parts centre.
Also if it is a part going out often then stock levels are increased with a buffer to accomodate that.
And 99 time out of a hundred parts are there the next day for the engineer to fit.
Basic business sense not having additional millions of pounds of dead money sitting about

JohnD have you any idea how much that would initally cost guessing what parts a particular boiler may need and stocking every individual boilers parts .
That is not what I suggested.

So what did you suggest by saying someone should check data base for what particular boilers are on contract and thus stock the parts for them.

I said:
the information would be highly relevant to deciding what parts to keep in stock.
Do you think it wouldn't be?

For example if there were 50,000 more boilers under cover this winter than last?

Bg have more or less same or next day access to just about every part (unless its no longer made or manufacturers wont supply as is case with servowarm).
So what they do is work on historical data once any part has been ordered more than 3 times in a year it automatically then gets stocked at the national parts centre.
Also if it is a part going out often then stock levels are increased with a buffer to accomodate that.
And 99 time out of a hundred parts are there the next day for the engineer to fit.
Basic business sense not having additional millions of pounds of dead money sitting about

Well, that begs the question; why would their employees condemn a boiler no more than six years old - if their customer is a OAP?? Regarding the availability of spares to BG; they need them mate, cause most CPSs are just 'parts changers'. If the guys at the coal face are not up to the job, it's not a service people should be paying for!!

As i said this is already covered automatically by the current computer systems without having to pay someone to sit and do it.

what do you mean by senior engineers? i think me and nickso are both curious :LOL:

No, my curiosity into the mind of glazier lasted 2 seconds. :LOL:

I have quizzed him on the senior engineer several times and he just trolls around the issue in a joe-90 fashion.

I actually think he has the onset of dementia after the revelations of this thread. :LOL:

Here mate, I'd say Tony knows 200 times more about electronics & boilers than you mate, so show some respect. I can only hope you never have a close relative suffering from that debilitating illness. I'm sure Tony doesn't know the close workings & systems employed by BG, but like the rest of us; I'm sure he has benefited greatly from their poor workmanship!!

Same as BG grew so big in the contract market because of the failings in the independent sector.
Agile is a plagerizer who knows a bit about biasi .
And like he waffles on about how he knows how BG systems work he does the same with many many of his replies on boilers on here.

Same as BG grew so big in the contract market because of the failings in the independent sector.
Agile is a plagerizer who knows a bit about biasi .
And like he waffles on about how he knows how BG systems work he does the same with many many of his replies on boilers on here.

Well mate I can only call it as I see it; Tony has vast knowledge & experience on modern day boilers & I, like many, value the knowledge he passes on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back