Doggy Mess!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved in to a new house and the back garden has one or too spots of dead grass caused by the previous owners dog.

Any ideas how i can revive these areas, or shall i wait till it warms up a bit until i just returf the problem areas?

Sponsored Links
its more likely caused by the dog wee rather than the mess. dig out the areas and re turf it. seeds will not grow as the soil will be contaminated

saw mr T dealing with this on tv other day.

he sugets

cut an old bit of turf from behind the shed (any where it wont notice)
lay it over patch, cut round patch (he used an old knife) remove dead bit put patch in and water it.

he also suggested this way as you will get a perfect math, dont do it the other way round (cut patch out first)

Sponsored Links
breezer has got wright way to do it but make sure u water the new turf patch in well ,as it was the amonnia in the soil from the dog wee that killed the grass in the first place . once the amonnia from the wee is diluted enough the grass will grow really strong . thats a good tip if your dog pees alot in the garden water it in well after he has done it and wow good fertiliser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back