Dont laugh, BUT, Heatline C28 Vertical Flue Parts???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Anyone know where i can get hold of vertical flue parts for this boiler?

It's been working brilliantly since my last helping hand (cheers all who helped) and now it is being moved in to a garage extension this week and i need to change the horizontal flue to a vertical flue and put it through the garage roof.

The only thing IS i cant seem to get hold of anyone that keeps spares as ive been told they are now obsolete! I have contacted Heatline who were taken over a while ago and they couldn't help either. Ive been in touch with the local plumbing places that used to hold stock but they have none either.

Please anyone any help?

Cheers
Ginga

Sponsored Links
really doubt if you will find one mate, the flue you are looking for is a standard efficiency (SE) flue and all new boilers are High efficiency(HE) its no longer permissable to install SE appliances so no one stocks the flues anymore, think you are looking at buying a new HE boiler and flue

really doubt if you will find one mate, the flue you are looking for is a standard efficiency (SE) flue and all new boilers are High efficiency(HE) its no longer permissable to install SE appliances so no one stocks the flues anymore, think you are looking at buying a new HE boiler and flue

Riiiiight, you cant run a HE flue on an SE boiler, BUGGER! I ordered a flue, which i thought was the correct one, but looking at it after your reply it wont work! It arrives tomorrow and was going to see if the vertical flue adapter would fit and if it did then bingo! But i think the parts will be going back if BE dont work for SE!

Good job u asked it would fit and work for a bit then become ver very dangerous

Btw please tell me you have a gassafe registered engineer moving your boiler

Sponsored Links
If there really was a Gas Safe engineer involved then he would be advising the OP about the flue.

I think that I know of a possible solution but I dont encourage DIY or unregistered gas work so I expect to be keeping that to myself!

Tony

Good job u asked it would fit and work for a bit then become ver very dangerous

Btw please tell me you have a gassafe registered engineer moving your boiler

Yeah the guy moving the boiler is gas safe, well he has the card for it. I cancelled the similar parts and came up with an easier solution as to moving it to the small utility room an not the garage, the wall that the flue will now stick out will be fine for a vertical flue! I will be replacing the boiler in the new year when i will be putting it in to the garage AND putting it through the roof!

Agile, hmmm im intrigued?!!! I wouldn't touch any gas part of anything (boiler/fire etc), i have done some basic stuff in the past, i think some thanks went to you on that too! :LOL: but i would like to hear what you thought if you fancy letting me know? A pm would do if you dont want to put it up.

Cheers guys!!

I am too frigntened of encouraging unqualified work and contravening the forum rules to post it anywhere.

If you post a picture of your newly moved boiler in due course then I MIGHT tell you in an email.

But your gas reg person should know the same thing!

Tony

I cant get my head around why people do these things. You have a cheap pos boiler that was probably about £350 when new and you want to move it and re-install it. Its quite often more work moving an old boiler than it is fitting a new one, why not just spend another £500 and get another a nice new cheap pos ??

Quite right Micky! More work in moving a boiler than fitting a new one!

But its the installer's to blame. Most will quote less to move a boileer than to fit a new one.

Whenever I get called to ask about moving a boiler the reply is always that someone will move it for £150 etc. probably builders who are not gas reg but they only want it moved at minimum cost!

Tony

Agile, boiler being moved tomorrow with original flue being used as have better wall clearence further down the kitchen extension, i will post a pic though when its done.

Mickyg, new cheap one coming up in new year, hope it lasts as long as this cheap one did ;)

I am actually saving to get a better boiler in the new year so I am going to start looking into best rated boilers for this year and go from there.

Agile, boiler being moved tomorrow with original flue being used as have better wall clearence further down the kitchen extension, i will post a pic though when its done.

Mickyg, new cheap one coming up in new year, hope it lasts as long as this cheap one did ;)

I am actually saving to get a better boiler in the new year so I am going to start looking into best rated boilers for this year and go from there.

so your gonna pay for 2 boiler installs, thats crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back