downlights

Sponsored Links
depends how much heat you need to dissipate. Heat rises. But the fitting you linked to comes with a low-heat fluorescent lamp, which dont produce a quarter of the heat of normal halogens.

Thanks. So I don't need any more space other than that stated in the spec - 105 + 15mm?

I'll probably use 4 or 5 in a line across a 3 metre wide room

SJRSJR said:
Thanks. So I don't need any more space other than that stated in the spec - 105 + 15mm?

I'll probably use 4 or 5 in a line across a 3 metre wide room

With standard halogen lamps, I'd leave a good 10 cm, but with those lamps you linked to they dont produce much heat so go for it!

However, are you aware that they take a good 2-3 minutes to warm up to full brightness and cannot be dimmed?

Sponsored Links
I didn't know that but it seems like a reasonable trade-off. They'll be in a low sloping roof and the alternative is tracklighting which will look messy and should save my scalp getting singed...Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back