drainige pipe adaptor

Could you post a pic of exactly what you're hoping to achieve? Ive looked through Naylor's catalogue, cant find the 15005 listed. Im still thinking from your description a McAlpine DC1 would achieve your aim.

Hepsleve/Densleeve and Hepseal/Denseal are 2 different types. Sleve is the plain ended thinwall clay, using plastic collars to joint. Seal is the thicker walled type, wih spigot/socket joints. A 'Seal' spigot will fit in the socket of a salt glazed pipe same diameter. Naylor part 19149 or Hepsleve SA2/1, as said will take you from salt glazed socket to a plain end sleve, whack a SA9 on that and you're onto 110mm plastic.

Sponsored Links
Picture not possible as camera broken, i know the mcalpine one would probably do the job, but i am trying not to reduce the dia of the pipe too much. That is the problem i had that the number Hepworth gave me does not seem to exist. the problem is i have half of an existing black plastic coupler exposed about 18 inches down in my bathroom floor, i need a bushing or adaptor that has a spigot on both ends to join to supersleve clay, i already have the pipe and adaptor to convert to 110mm pvc above floor so thats what i need , the hepworth guy was not much use as he suggested several items that had nothing to do with my problem .

Nick

Sorry, you posted whilst I was editing! If you have a black plastic coupler already in situ then Id imagine you're already on Hepsleve. Is it possible to expose this, remove it and put a new coupler on?

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem i am havingit sburied in concrete at the top of the bend on the drain, i have had a piece of the old drain out to measure its diameter it was approx 135mm which i had confirmed is the old hepsleve thick walled clay pipe not the newer supersleve thin walled pipe.I know i could hack the floor uop to get the coupler off and replace with a socketxsocket adaptor to either 100mm pvc or supersleve, but its just a right pain in the arris top do, I was looking more for the adaptor type bush or internal reducer in particular which apparently is what the naylors part number (that i cannot find) is supposed to do . I am going to email them and see what densleeve have to say on the matter as at least this time its their part number i cannot find.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back