Drayton Lifestyle LP722 - not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Over the last week or so, I have had an intermittent fault with the controller not switching on the hot water. Sometimes it seems to work fine and start the boiler heating other times the red light goes on the controller but the boiler doesnt fire. What I have noticed is that when it is working, the controller gives a little faint click when the red light illuminates, and when its not working it doesnt give that click.

An extra piece of information is that last year I had the heating part of the controller wired out the circuit so that my programmable room thermostat controlled the heating on and off - thats been working well.

I have the system on a maintenance contract, so I can call them out - I actually did earlier in the week but stood them down because the system started working again on the morning that they were due only to stop the following day!

My guess is that its one of the micro switches in the controller that is goosed in which case I will get the company out to replace it but my other thought was it could be loose wiring in the controller, in which case I would happily open it up and tighten the screw.

Anyone with any experience have any thoughts before I open it up or call out the engineer?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
No click when the light becomes illuminated, then it's almost certainly the relay inside the Drayton which isn't being reliably switched on.

If you describe the intermittent fault to the engineer he'll probably just replace the whole unit.

Although the light comes on it does not mean that the output is in place.

I would have expected the relay would click but just the contacts would not make.

Tony

Thanks for the info... I took it off the wall gave the pins a bit of a clean, checked they were moving, checked the wires were all tight... Seems to bevworking ok just now... I will see how it goes!

Sponsored Links
Sorry to dig up an old thread but....

Turned out that the controller was broken... So my maintenance company replaced it with a more modern Drayton with basically the same functionality. It has been working great for the last month.... Until today, and again I have exactly the same problem. The controller light goes on but you don't get the little click that signifies that the switch has engaged, and of course no hot water again. I have called the maintenance company who are scheduling an engineer, but im a bit worried that I have the same problem again on what is a new controller... Bad luck or possibly something else electrical causing this to fail?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back