drilling brick - need better drill

Tozzy said:
You mean like the cheapo set I bought? :LOL: What if they work and do the job though?:cool:
:lol: ? Really? I must have missed the joke.

Meanwhile, how do you define "do the job"? And how many of those jobs must each bit be capable of completing?

Sponsored Links
diykat said:
one thing i did notice bout it though... bit worried bout is that is seems to flash electric lookin bluish colour inside when im usin it - it this normal n safe? thanx
Yes, more fun when you turn the light off at night ;)

Its just the motor - dont worry about it - unless of course you plan on using it in an room full of gas ;)

ah gud gud... yeah i was in the darkish shed drillin holes. now i think i need to figure out how to use the measure thing on it now - managed to go through to cavity on a few holes coz it went so fast.

i put my rather heavy hanging basket up last night and its not fallen down yet :)

Sponsored Links
you put up a hanging basket in a dark shed?
What measuring thing? depth guage you mean? I personally dont bother with them, but if the depth has to be the same on several holes, or the depth cant be too deep or whatever, then I just tape round the bit and use it as a guide.

i put hangin basket up first in the back yard... then i went in shed (brick n breezeblock walls) to put sum shelf brackets up so i can store stuff (roof bars n other long things) high up out of way. maybe i will put shelves up in there tomorrow as well :)

cheers.

Kat

Eggplant:

Tozzy, you are obviously pleased with your set of drills. I kept out of the other discussion as it looked like it may turn into a bit of an argument.

lol we weren't arguing :). Or at least I wasn't ;). I do understand that it's about quality over quantity and I probably will buy some secondary bits (say Bosch or Irwin). I admit, the set won't last too long. I mean I've drilled about 10-12 holes up to now through brick with the masonary bit (same one each time), but I imagine they will become blunt at around 30-40 uses. Then I'll just use them for doing quick jobs and stuff or when I don't want to ruin my secondary set. Hey, thanks for the info by the way about the bits you were talking about :). I'll save incase I need to refer to it in the future.

Softus:

Meanwhile, how do you define "do the job"?

My definition is: Getting through it ;).

And how many of those jobs must each bit be capable of completing?

As many as possible before I have to go and buy another set :LOL:.

By the way, as you may have or may not have noticed, the set is no longer available at homebase. This is the replacement product I think:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...001&langId=-1&catalogId=5201&productId=264379

Very similar to mine except I got mine for more than half the price :D. So, really mine should have been around £34.99. That's not too cheap :).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back